Protect our Earth: Confidently clean your home or business with safe products that get the job done well.
We have the desire to continually change our world into a better, healthier, more sustainable environment for all. We believe it is our duty to be environmentally responsible.
According to the Earth Day Network, “We must build a global citizenry knowledgeable in environmental science and fluent in local and global ecological issues. Education is the key to advocacy and advocacy is the key to change.”
We LIVE, WORK and PLAY in the Yellowstone Ecosystem.
As a key service provider in the southern gateway to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks, we embrace the challenge to continually reduce the impacts of our footprint on our environment while providing high-quality dependability through environmentally responsible laundry, uniforms, and linen supply services and systems.
To achieve these goals, High Country Linen Service employs a highly automated, water efficient washer/extractors and gas dryers; heat reclamation systems to capture BTU’s (Energy) from soiled water, the boiler stack and the boiler condensate return tank and transfer that heat to clean incoming water for our hot water system. Automation moves soiled and clean laundry through production at a higher rate thereby reducing Energy use. We primarily use peroxide bleach in our wash formulas.
Laundry transportation is provided by a fleet of energy efficient diesel trucks, each provided with easy to use 20’ custom freight boxes and hydraulic lift gates for user ease. Our latest truck is fueled by Compressed Natural Gas to further reduce emissions by roughly 50%.
We financially support the environmental and energy efficiency work of Energy Conservation Works (choosetoreduce.com) so that every homeowner, business, and government facility in Teton County can reduce their footprint on our environment.
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. - Native American Proverb
We talk the talk and walk the walk
Our goal is to help you confidently clean your home or business with safe products that get the job done well.
According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), only 7% of cleaning products list all ingredients on their label. (No worries, our products include a detailed list on each product!) As an advocate for public health, EWG wrote up the Hall of Shame as an “initiative to uncover the truth about toxic chemicals in common household products.”
Replace your chemicals with our all-natural products
Safely dispose of your products and replace them with a safer and all-natural alternative. We offer a full line of over 3 dozen all-natural, biodegradable, environmentally friendly, non-hazardous, and non-toxic cleaning products.
- Ditch the bright blue Windex for our glass and window cleaner (non-toxic, biodegradable).
- Swap out your Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner (which is banned in other countries) for our tile and tub cleaner (acid-free, doesn’t create noxious/toxic fumes, biodegradable).
- Walmart’s Great Value hand soap may be inexpensive, but it’s not worth the risk of exposure to unknown ingredients. Opt for our hand soap instead (naturally derived, made from replenishable natural resource).
- Formaldehyde, a known cause of asthma and allergies, is found in Ajax, Dynamo, and Fab Ultra laundry detergents. Instead of wearing clothes covered in carcinogens, wash your fabrics with one of our non-hazardous laundry detergents (biodegradable, non-toxic, non-irritating to the skin).
- Many common mildew cleaners are composed of 6-10% 2-butoxethanol or nonylphenol ethoxylate, hazardous chemicals not allowed in cleaners sold within Canada or Europe. Use a natural alternative such as our mold and mildew remover (naturally derived, chlorine bleach free).
- Old English furniture polish has a warning on its label that reads, “inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.” Completely avoids those unnecessary risks and make your home shine with our non-toxic furniture polish and protector.
- Easy-Off, CVS, and Walmart brand oven cleaners contain aggressive chemicals that are known to harm the lungs or burn skin and eyes. Although ovens are tricky to clean, there is no need to be aggressive. Try our oven Cleaner for a safer path to a cleaner oven (non-fuming, non-toxic, does not contain butyl).
Need help revamping your cleaning supplies? We’ve got you covered! Give us a call so we can support you as you take a positive stand to improve our world.